Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Bengaluru is one of the most renowned schools offering business studies to the students. The school provides several management programmes for its students under the Symbiosis International Deemed University. Although the school was recently established in the year 2008, it has steadily risen to top for creating a vibrant environment for students to learn and prosper. Based in Bangalore, it is a private university.
Courses Offered And The Fees Structure
The college offers the following courses
- Masters of Business Administration - This is a full-time 2 years degree program which costs around 13.98 lakh. This one of the most sought after program.
- MBA in Family Business and Entrepreneurship - This is a full-time postgraduate degree course of 2 years. The course fee is 7.15 lakh.
- MBA Executive - This is a part-time PG degree program of 30 months. The course fee is 4.54 lakh.
- PGDM in Operations Management - 1 year part-time PG diploma course. The fee for this course is 1.21 lakh.
- PGDM in Financial Management- 1 year PG diploma course. The fee for this course is 1.21 lakh.
- PGDM in Human Resource Management- This is a diploma course of 1 year and the course costs around 1.21 lakh.
- PGDM in Business Analytics - 1 year PG diploma course. The fee for this course is 1.21 lakh.
- PGDM in Marketing Management - 1 year PG diploma course. The fee for this course is 1.21 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria And Cutoffs
Applicants who are willing to pursue full-time MBA programs in Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Bengaluru must graduate with 50% marks from a recognised university and 45% for the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
The applicants will have to appear for SNAP and secure the required minimum marks to be eligible for admission to the institute. Additionally, they will also have to go through Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Written Ability Test to be shortlisted.
Applicants who wish to apply for the PGDM programs and MBA Executive Program will have to pass the SIBM Bengaluru Entrance Test and a Personal Interaction after that. The applicants are required to have 50% marks in their graduation to be eligible for these courses.
Applicants who have graduated from a foreign university must bring an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Important Documents To Be Carried
- All mark sheets starting from 10th
- Graduation pass certificate
- Four passport-sized photographs
For PGDM and MBA executive programs applicants are required to bring a proof of their work experience, if they have any.
Why Symbiosis Institute of Management Bangalore?
- The institute has secured the 71st position for MBA on India Today 2016.
- It has secured the 71st position for MBA on Business Today 2016.
- The salary package starts at 9.67 LPA and goes up to 25 LPA.
- The institute conducts seminars and guest sessions whereby eminent personalities like Reserve Bank Of India's Deputy Governor, Dr Viral V. Acharya are invited.
- In Outlook India's Best B-school survey 2016, it ranked 28th.
- The institute conducts several events like Hippocampus, FINERGY, PRISYM, OPSESSION etc. to make learning fun for the students.
- The institute does not lack in the aspects of infrastructure and amenities. It has an auditorium, gym, medical wing in addition to labs, library, and canteen and hostel facilities.